Because Gyp and Faith are FEMA Certified Search and Rescue dogs, Nutro donates food to us, and so we have been feeding that for about 5 years now. We also use some of their treat products.
Nutro Ultra Adult Formula
Reasons To Buy:
- Even if you don’t get it donated to you like we do, Nutro is a very good deal for the nutritional value of the food.
- Its easy to find. Your local PetSmart or Petco supplies this food, you won’t have to go to a specialty store to find it.
- It has no sugar, by-products, or unidentified meat sources.
- It has 4 kinds of vitamins in it, including vitamins E and A.
- It includes ingredients like Avocado, Bluberries, Carrots, Beets, Pomegranates, Cranberries and Pumpkin, which help boost your dog’s immune system, skin health, and keeps their digestive system working.
Reasons NOT to Buy:
- It has salt in it, and like a human’s diet, you don’t want to much sodium in your dog’s food.
- I’ve found it to be pretty greasy. Thats not necessarily a horrible thing, I just prefer dog food that isn’t so messy.
- I find that the two dogs that are hard to put weight on, Sadie and Giacomo, don’t really benefit from this food at all. It doesn’t help them gain weight, and increasing the amount of food didn’t seem to help either, but it still works really well when they are at a good weight, at keeping it on, and also works well for my older Border Collies who have issues with keeping weight off.
Overall Review: 7 out of 10.