Pinnacle is a brand of holistic, allergen free dog food that I have used many times. In my opinion it is one of the best kibble dog foods you can buy.
Reasons to Buy:
- It is extremely good for dogs. Their food is very low in grains and never includes the bad ingredients like corn, salt, sugar, and by-products.
- Pinnacle kibble is in very small little peices. This may not seem like a very important feature of dog food, but it really is. It takes the dogs longer to eat and it reduces the risk for bloat.
- Pinnacle doesn’t have any fillers in it. The cheaper brands of dog food often have a lot of air packed into each kibble, in addition to grains and gluten. Pinnacle has never been the source of a dog food recall.
- When you feed a higher quality food, although the bag of dog food is more expensive, you feed a lot less of it. I was feeding Giacomo about 6 cups of Nutro Ultra dog food, and then when I switched him to Pinnacle, he was eating two and a half cups a day and putting on more weight. Really, although you are paying more initially, you can actually save money on food by switching to a more premium brand.
- When I was feeding Pinnacle, I noticed a significant reduction in backyard cleanup.
Reasons NOT to Buy:
- Of course its more expensive. For a 35 lbs bag, I usually pay around $60.
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10.