Yes, I do mean the human-brand. I think one of the cheapest, healthiest, and most effective dog treats you can buy is string cheese. If you think about it, a medium sized bag of dog treats would cost around seven or eight dollars. String cheese, which comes in a huge bag and lasts quite a long time, costs around four or five dollars. The dogs go nuts for it too!
Reasons to Buy:
- Well, first off, its really cheap. You probably have some in your house right now for the human types in your home.
- If you use it while its still cold, it isn’t crumbly, it doesn’t stain your pockets, and its not that disgusting to use like most dog treats.
- Dogs love string cheese. I have several dogs who are not good baiters and they still go nuts over string cheese.
- Its the kind of treat you won’t be completely disgusted to put in your mouth at a dog show!
- If you have a dog that doesn’t take bait softly enough, you have a long peice of cheese, so the dog won’t immediately nibble your fingers off.
Reasons NOT to Buy:
- When it starts to warm up, it gets gross really quickly. My suggestion would be to keep it over ice until you need it.
- It makes your fingers, jackets, and pants smell like cheese. Yuck!
- Some dogs like it too much. They eat too much of it, and can get sick.
Overall Rating: 9 out of 10