44/20 is a company that makes clippers, shears, and combs. I have only ever used their thinning shears, but they carry many types of metal grooming equipment.
Reasons to Buy:
- I love their thinning shears. They are comfortable in your hands, and they move so nicely that you barely feel them.
- They’re built to last. They are made out of Steel, so they are very hard to break, and they have a thick screw holding them together, which hasn’t come loose on the ones I’ve had yet.
- They have 46 teeth which don’t leave any marks like most scissors do.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- They are pretty expensive. Not any more expensive than most shears, but they are definitely pricey.
- They need to be sharpened regularly (once a year) or they will leave marks on the coat and the thinning process will become painfully slow.
- Thinning shears have sharp teeth on one side and a surgical strength blade on the other side, and so they can also be unsafe for kids.
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10